Rich traditions, proud history
Families have been placing their trust in us for generations. We have always made outstanding service our #1 priority and are honored to serve you since 1904.
Edward McCandless and Robert Zobel had a dream…to establish a funeral chapel that would offer Antigo families the most caring, compassionate assistance in their time of need. In 1904, the two men distinguished themselves by insisting on the highest levels of services and the most careful attention to a family’s needs. Their wives also devoted to the company, Mrs. McCandless as Vice President and Mrs. Zobel as Secretary-Treasurer. When their husbands died, they managed the company for many years.
In 1955, John H. Bradley purchased the company from Mrs. McCandless and Mrs. Zobel. John upheld the tradition and preserved the heritage they and their husbands had established. Mr. Bradley added his name to the company to reflect the new partnership while still honoring the memory of the founders. In 1962, he incorporated the company as McCandless-Zobel & Bradley Funeral Home, Inc. It was not until 1992, after John Bradley’s sons, Steve and Tom, purchased the company, that the name was changed to identify the company we know today.
Steve and Tom constructed new facilities in 1996 at 1550 Neva Road and later added a private crematory to better serve families who prefer cremation.